Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Remote Engineer – IBM or HCL BigFix
Engineer – IBM or HCL BigFix
Remote – East Coast Preferred
Leading Managed Service provider and IBM Partner, is looking for a Remote Service Delivery BigFix Engineer to join it's growing team on a Full Time/Perm basis.
This position is remote from home. We would highly prefer the candidate live on the East Coast.
Service Delivery Overview:
Service Delivery installs, maintains, and provides services and support for companies IT customers (help desk and end user services, end user device management, asset management, patch management, release management, security management, desktop management, and server and storage monitoring and management).
As a BigFix Engineer, you will provide enterprise-level support for the BigFix environment. This includes installing vendor supplied patches to base operating systems, diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems. You will be expected to work hours based on the custom patch schedules for installation and rebooting of devices. This effort may be off hours/ weekends based on the customer maintenance window.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience distributing application and software packages using specifically HCL’s BigFix products.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience architecting and building enterprise solutions using Microsoft Windows Server including minimum of three (3) years of environments over 3,000 users.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstations with a minimum of Group Policy creation/modification/maintenance at the domain and local level, vulnerability remediation (software and configuration), application support/troubleshooting, and enterprise OS imaging; Must have experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette and attitude
- Domain knowledge of IT Asset Management and Security concepts and best practices, including firewalls, anti-virus and encryption
Required BigFix module experience:
- Asset Discovery, Software Usage and Analysis, Operating System Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging, Power Management, Remote Control, Software Distribution, Server Automation, Security and Compliance (SCA), Vulnerability Management, Configuration Management, Patch Management, Reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server, Microsoft Office / Office 365, Microsoft
- Experience with Linux, UNIX, VMWare, or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Perform day-to-day activities required to distribute application/software/ patch packages and deploy operating systems using BigFix to end user hardware
- Ensure all hardware is within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and remediating discrepancies.
- Provide information and data utilized for asset reporting
- Complete overall patch/release management as well as ensure all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible; Identify, manage, and monitor for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures
- Troubleshoot related issues for users and performs problem resolution in regard to related service requests
- Provides SME (subject matter expertise) on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages
- Provides SME (subject matter expertise) for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS Application, Network, etc.)
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk
- Provide technical support over the telephone, through emails and tickets, and take appropriate measures to solve problems and fulfill requests.
- Available to work nights/weekends based on customer maintenance window.
- Perform assigned tasks independently
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Update customer data and produce activity reports.
- Follow up with customers provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Follow documented incident response procedures in the event of a security breach or other incident.
- Required Certification: MCSE certification (Current) or similar MS certification, Endpoint Manager V9.2 IBM Certified Deployment Professional
- Preferred Certification: e.g. CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft, Cisco, etc.
- Industry certifications: Active Directory.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus but not required.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."