Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Senior Data Warehouse Specialist
Job Title: Senior Data Warehouse Specialist
Location: Coral Gables, FL
3 Month Contract to Hire
Compensation: $45-55 per hour
SherlockTalent is seeking a Senior-Level Data Warehouse Specialist that can gather, analyze and understand business requirements. Ideal candidate must be efficient with ETL processes and Informatica environments. Must also follow best practices, guidelines / procedures and naming conventions with enterprise-wide data collection and extraction. Serve as senior lead with excellent technical skills in data warehousing and leadership/mentoring skills.
- Lead the team in translating business needs into technical solutions and designing relational and/or dimensional models or flat files to meet project requirements. Lead the effort to perform source system data profiling including structure, data, and relationship discovery; be responsible for understanding source system database structures and underlying data and knowledge transfer expertise to DW team members.
- Lead the efforts in developing, managing and updating conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Lead the efforts to design, develop, maintain, test and modify ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) processes with efficiency and best practices
- Lead the efforts in documenting ETL technical design process, high level and detailed metadata and reconciliation process
- Lead production support for all existing DW applications; respond to job failure related text page and/or emails in a timely manner for critical DW applications
- Scope, plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; improve efficiency by working on other assigned tasks/projects while waiting for information on the certain project(s)
- Act as a mentor to other team members; be independent and proficient in determining approaches to solutions, troubleshooting and maintaining ETL processes
- Lead and enhance project methodology of DW full development life cycles, prepare estimate and duration for development tasks and activities; provide bi-weekly project status to management on time; adhere to ETL development/migration standards by following ETL code review process on SharePoint and change control policies and procedures by submitting required documents in System Center for Service Manager (SCSM)
- Lead lifecycle of DW infrastructure components including database, operating system, ETL tool, and other vendor products; lead the efforts for migrations and upgrades; monitor performance of ETL processes and implement tuning as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 12 years of experience in IT with relational database management systems (RDBMSs)
- 10 years of experience with Informatica or comparable tool
- 8+ years of dedicated end-to-end data warehouse implementation experience
- Solid experience using SQL, ER Studio, and Unix shell scripting
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse or ETL architecture design required
- Knowledge of the health care business processes and terminology and strong project planning skill is required.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."