Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Data Warehouse Specialist I
Job Title: Data Warehouse Specialist I
Location: Coral Gables, FL
3 Month Contract to Hire
Compensation: $35-40 per hour
SherlockTalent is seeking a Data Warehouse Specialist that can gather, analyze and understand business requirements. Ideal candidate must be efficient with ETL processes and Informatica environments. Must also follow best practices, guidelines / procedures and naming conventions with enterprise-wide data collection and extraction.
- Be responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions and designing relational and/or dimensional models or flat files to meet project requirements.
- Develop, manage and update conceptual, logical, and physical data models; evolve existing models to meet new and changing business requirements
- Design, develop, maintain, test and modify ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) processes with efficiency, best practices, naming conventions and ease of maintenance in mind
- Document ETL technical design process, high level, and detailed metadata and reconciliation process
- Provide production support for all existing DW applications; respond to job failure related text page and/or emails in a timely manner for critical DW applications
- Scope, plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; improve efficiency by working on other assigned tasks/projects while waiting for information on the certain project(s)
- Determine approaches to solutions, troubleshoot and maintain ETL processes with minimal guidance from team leads and supervisor
- Follow project methodology of DW full development life cycles, prepare estimate and duration for development tasks and activities; provide bi-weekly project status to management on time; adhere to ETL development/migration standards by following ETL code review process on SharePoint and change control policies and procedures by submitting required documents in System Center for Service Manager (SCSM)
- Plan and support lifecycle of DW infrastructure components including database, operating system, ETL tool, and other vendor products with guidance from team leads and supervisor; participate in migrations and upgrades; monitor performance of ETL processes and implement tuning as needed with guidance from team leads
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- 8 years of experience in IT with relational database management systems (RDBMSs)
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica or comparable tool
- 5+ years of dedicated end-to-end data warehouse implementation experience
- Solid experience using SQL, ER Studio, and Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of logical and physical models
- 1+ year experience with data warehouse or ETL architecture design preferred
- Healthcare experience is a major plus
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."