Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
IT Support Specialist/ Junior-Mid Level
Title: IT Support Specialist – Junior/Mid Level
Type: Contract -1 year
Location: Miami, FL
$20 – $35 per hour
We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join our IT support team. In this role, you will provide desktop support to internal users, as well as perform a variety of system administration duties including creation of user accounts, mailboxes and granting access to various applications. Provide timely business data solutions to support business decisions both independently and as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB
- Maintain and administer computer and IT equipment, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, printers, and all configurations
- Learn, administer, and troubleshoot IT services such as, but not limited to, Office 365, VOIP System, Endpoint Management, etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose desktop problems; take corrective action and implement permanent solutions
- Design, configure, and test physical and virtual desktop hardware and software
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate user requirements
- Recommend changes to improve systems and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes
- Stay abreast of advances in desktop technology, identify which new technologies would benefit our environment, research the identified technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the support, maintenance, and use of desktop hardware and software
- Monitor network and systems performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Maintain proper control records
- Provide technical assistance to end-user support staff – Special assignments as needed
- Ability to work in an environment that follows ITIL methodologies for opening, documenting and closing support tickets
- Desktop Hardware & OS – Dell laptops and desktops, Windows 7 Enterprise running in an AD environment
- VMware Workstation
- Office 365
- Networking – Understanding of basic networking to aid in troubleshooting of issues
- Security –Basic VPN, CISCO NAC, and Juniper SA Appliance administration
- Applications – SharePoint, Exchange, MS CRM, MS GreatPlains/Dynamics GP, MS Office, Lync
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Should be self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven, and capable of working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and with multiple disciplines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred)
- 2- 4 years of experience
- CompTIA, Microsoft or Cisco certifications are a plus
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.