Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Chief of Staff to the Village Manager
Title: Chief of Staff to the Village Manager
Location: Miami, FL
Salary: Based on Experience
SherlockTalent is searching for an advanced Executive Assistant to work with the City Manager, Deputy City Manager and Commission with a variety of operational and administrative details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform weekly review of Village performances and standards of all Department goals.
- Perform advanced executive administrative work for the Village Manager
- Compile, develop and analyze reports and studies as directed by the Village Manager.
- Answers and directs calls for the Village Manager.
- Answer routine correspondence and compose letters for the Village.
- Open, sort and route all correspondence as directed by the Village Manager.
- Assists with Village marketing and public relations as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Village Manager.
- Exercise independent judgment involving the interpretation of instructions and
- knowledge used in carrying out duties.
- Type letters, memorandums, spreadsheets, forms, documents, proceedings of meetings or other materials from oral direction, rough draft, copy, notes or transcribing machine recordings.
- Independently compose correspondence and routine reports.
- Gather, tabulate and interpret financial information related to the work assignment.
- Check invoices and requisitions and perform arithmetical calculations.
- Receive and account for receipts for Village services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the Village’s policies, procedures, services, and scope of authority of village departments.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, business English, spelling, punctuation, and math.
- Considerable knowledge of the Village’s laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of Village, Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances specific to areas of assignment.
- Knowledge of grants writing and overall administration process.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing multiple grants simultaneously.
- Must have skill in organizing the work assigned in an efficient manner.
- Ability to assume responsibility and execute the supervisor’s directives and instructions with authority.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
- Ability to type accurately and deal with non-routine matters.
- Ability to independently make less complex decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer applications including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Master’s Degree (M.A. or M.A. Ed) or Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college in related field with preferably four (4+) years experience in the performance of executive level assistant work preferably in the legal or government administrative field.
- Village Manager at his discretion may choose to mitigate education requirements with experience.
?SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."