Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Title: Security Engineer
Type: Contract to hire – (8 month contract to Hire)
Location: South Miami, FL
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working collaboratively along-side the Agile SW Dev teams to automate and streamline secure application release lifecycle.
Develop and maintain security tools for secure application deployment, security monitoring and security operations. Build security automation processes that will enable efficient and scalable continuous integration delivery.
- Perform testing of security controls and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Operate and manage Nexpose vulnerability scanner and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Perform security investigations and work to integrate and automate incident response.
- Create and maintain the DevSecOps toolsets required to automate, deploy and manage the application release lifecycle.
- Creation of security metrics, monitoring, and alerting around threats and compromise.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Automate repeatable processes such as installing operating systems, configuring servers, configuring load balancers, etc.
- Build automated scripts that will maintain the consistency of server configuration across all environments – dev, staging and production.
- Automate the build of infrastructure in a continuous integrated environment.
- Work to audit our web production infrastructure. Identify and triage security problems within the production environment.
- Work with infrastructure on projects that will directly benefit the DevOps teams and web properties.
- Participate in all Agile Kanban ceremonies with the Enterprise IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
- Participate in all Agile Scrum ceremonies with the software development teams.
- Participate in Production Review meetings.
- Create operational intelligence dashboards leveraging tools such as Splunk
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer computer networks and computing environments related to the software development teams including, but not limited to, computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Monitor network and systems performance. Recommend changes or improvements, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Stay abreast of technology advancements to identify, research, and evaluate solutions that would benefit our environment.
- Develop standards and documentation to guide the support, maintenance, and the use of DevSecOps procedures and operations.
- Participate in on-call rotation, receiving and responding to daytime and after-hours alerts.
- Strong knowledge of Metasploit and Kali Linux
- A working understanding of writing code and scripts (PowerShell, Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
- A working understanding of Proofpoint secure email gateway and DLP
- Experience with next generation firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, and 7
- Must have 3-5 years of virtualization experience with VMware
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation i.e. VMware vRealize Automation (vCAC), Vagrant, and/or Docker
- Highly skilled with automation/configuration management tools i.e. OctopusDeploy, Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft IIS and knowledge of Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with network load balancers, preferably F5
- Experience with application monitoring tools, preferably Splunk, PRTG, and Solarwinds.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Familiar with Atlassian Bamboo Continuous Integration Server and Mercurial
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment preferred
- Ability to work in an environment that follows ITIL processes and procedures
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field with 4- 5 years of experience (equivalent work experience will be considered)
Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), MCSE, VCP & CISCO certifications, secure code development Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and/or, Certified Cloud Security Profesional (CCSP), and/or Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE) are a plus.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."