Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Junior Systems Admin
Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Miami, FL
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team that provides server administration support to ensure the stable operation of computer systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining and optimizing all serverrsquos equipment, software and communication links.
- Administer physical and virtual servers running Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems, as well as their associated infrastructure, system software configuration and other settings.
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and access rights for data, systems, servers and applications.
- Ensure appropriate server and computer security and patch management procedures to safeguard against viruses and unauthorized access.
- Proactively monitor systems and infrastructure availability and provide necessary security and backup redundancy.
- Ensure all systems, hardware configurations, and data are backed up appropriately with the ability to recover from a hardware failure or disaster.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Prepare charts and diagrams to explain systems operation and to train others in proper use.
- Assist in checklists and processes for IT Help Desk.
- Test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement fixes and improvements.
- Interact with end-users, technical support, consultants, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware installation.
- Perform special projects or other duties, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline.
- 1 -3 years of hands-on experience with MS-Windows Server, Active Directory, Red Hat Linux and virtualization (Microsoft and VMware) including installing, configuring and troubleshooting in these environments working knowledge of REHL Linux.
- Current MCSE/MCSA certification in Microsoft Windows Server preferred.
- Networking experience desired.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."