Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Security Operations Analyst
Security Operations Analyst
Boca Raton, FL
Full Time, On-Site
The Security Operations Analyst will report to the Senior Director of Technology and will be responsible for proactively maintaining cyber security and assisting in the information technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, cloud, networks, applications and services, through vulnerability management, incident response, monitoring and other security services.
- Responsible for performing internal and external security assessments/testing to validate the effectiveness of current security infrastructure through the use of commonly available security assessment tools and make recommendations to remediate identified risks or vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for analyzing, monitoring, tracking and reporting behavior/tasks logged by assets in the form of incidents to ensure company is protected from any potential leaks of malicious activities
- Identify threats and risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all data residing on information systems platforms.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of appropriate security related policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, benchmarks/metrics and/or processes for network infrastructure, servers, cloud, workstations, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS) appliances and software.
- Perform reviews and assessments of security controls before hardware/software is migrated to production
- Responsible for assisting in various projects to ensure corporate governance of security and compliance with applicable regulations
- Monitor activities and events in company environment to ensure that anomalous behavior is detected, identified, classified and acted upon where appropriate
- Assess potential risks and vulnerabilities in the network and providing actionable recommendation in the event of malicious activity
- Perform ongoing reviews of all security activities and reports providing technical security oversight to detect meaningful data versus non-threatening anomalies
- Respond appropriately to security monitoring issues
- Develop and execute corrective action plans where required
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a security operations center and/or system administration role
- Knowledge of security tools, such as firewalls, IDS, network security monitoring (NSM), endpoint detection and response (EDR), anti-malware, web proxies, SIEM
- Display flexibility and independence when asked to drive security-related initiatives and adapt to a fast paced, high growth culture
- Strong experience in cloud security and tools (e.g., AWS)
- Programming and scripting capabilities (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Perl)
- Knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards that may impact information security
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of multiple operating systems and commands, as well as an understanding of IT security and network best practices and software/hardware solutions
- Ability to communicate security objectives orally and in writing to a variety of audiences. Ability to write security requirements and design documents
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend/negotiate solutions
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging network security threats
- Strong time/project management skills with the ability to operate under deadlines and manage fluctuating workloads
- CISSP, EnCE, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, CEH certifications are preferred