Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Data Protection Administrator
We are seeking a Data Protection Administrator with at least 7 years experience for Fort Lauderdale, FL. This is a full-time salaried position paying up to 120K to start plus benefits.
The Data Protection Administrator reports to the Data Protection Director and supports the efforts of the Data Protection Officer; working closely with all corporate stakeholders, the Information Security team and the Privacy team to support the development and maintenance of ongoing privacy-related efforts across the organization. The individual in this position also helps to manage privacy compliance reporting requirements and participates in the development and maintenance of the auditing and monitoring process for the corporate Privacy Department.
- Provides oversight and guidance on privacy related initiatives, subject matter expertise on global privacy laws and regulations, proactive and effective communication with internal and external parties, collaborative resolution of business issues, and exceptional customer service for internal and external clients.
- Serves as a visible and highly engaged manager who coordinates and leads the daily activities associated with implementation of the data privacy program
- Educates the company and employees on important compliance requirements; training staff involved in data processing
- Performs privacy and/or security reviews including regulatory and industry assessments (GDPR, HIPAA, NIST, etc.), risk analyses, information inventory and data mapping, vendor management assessments, and additional privacy or security compliance related projects to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Consults with business areas on Personally Identifiable information (PII) collection
- Conducts Privacy Impact Assessments
- Serves as the point of contact between the company and GDPR Supervisory Authorities
- Maintains comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company
- Interfaces with data subjects to inform them about how their data is being used, their rights to have their personal data erased, and what measures the company has put in place to protect their personal information
- Researches and evaluates emerging privacy trends, laws or regulations
- Assists with other privacy and legal compliance tasks as needed and as time permits on subjects including, but not limited to, employment, ethics, finance, PCI, SOC 2, etc.
- Works with corporate IT team, Information Security team and Privacy team to implement and monitor privacy compliance programs
- Communicates with teams affected by new laws and regulations and ensures that necessary changes to policies and procedures are made
- Assists with incident response and mitigation strategies as necessary
- Responds to complaints and grievances related to Privacy issues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years of relevant experience working in compliance roles, including a significant amount of work specifically on privacy and data protection issues, preferably with time in-house at a technology company with established privacy compliance protocols
- CIPP, CIPM, and/or CIPT certification OR Similar portfolio of certifications.
- Possess a strong technical aptitude and be able to effectively communicate with technology professionals; data analysis and/or coding skills are required
- Extensive knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices
- Experience with compliance issues and standards at all levels (local, state, federal and international) and familiarity with industry-specific regimes (e.g. HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner by working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and processes with a high degree of accuracy
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product
- Experience managing project through the full system development lifecycle
- Multiple language abilities preferred – fluency in English (written and spoken) required
- Flexibility to travel as required up to 25% overnight travel