Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Senior Systems Engineer
Opportunity: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Job Type: Contract
Responsible for operational tasks intake across groups in the IT department, assisting the team’s project workload and systems maintenance activities. Engineer will be responsible for company systems and leading troubleshooting, fixing problems and escalating issues to the appropriate teams.
- Monitoring software administration (maintenance, upgrades).
- Provide auditing tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all devices, services, and processes.
- Define and promote standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing of products.
- Primary role in designing and building solutions to improve operational awareness.
- Research and oversee implementation of monitoring solutions for new technologies.
- Be available for support of the availability tools on a rotational basis.
- B.S Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- Experience architecting and developing monitoring and reporting solutions using such as Shell scripting, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Java, SNMP, and RRDtool.
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols
- Strong knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Experience in an Enterprise Java environment desirable
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Cloud based technologies
- Experience in managing SAN’s such as EMC and NetApp
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- License management
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."