Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Job Title: Operations Engineer
Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Contract to Hire
SherlockTalent is looking for a skilled Operations Engineer to join a highly skilled team of experts in Miami. Ideal candidate will be responsible administering all operation systems ensuring maximum uptime and system availability. Candidate will support plant operations by identifying and solving operational problems and will be in charge for the deployment of code changes, escalations, troubleshooting, standardized communications and maintenance of virtual and physical environments.
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; communicating with vendors and partners; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing implementations, upgrades and patches
- Monitoring of VirtualPhysical environments with 24-hour care as needed
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system
- Deployment of development code across multiple environments for various business groups
- Receive production and staging escalations and resolve via troubleshooting, communication, and subsequent updates
- Monitor and approval of change management policies and procedures
- Initiate emergency conference bridge calls and send quick and accurate outage notifications
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with a performance monitoring tool like DynaTrace, New Relic, Keynote, Splunk
- Experience working with internal and external monitoring systems
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical team members
- Available to work a varied/inconsistent schedule including weekend and overnight shifts
- Knowledge of computer and network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying system malfunctions and operational issues
- Familiarity with PagerDuty, Remedy, Jira, SDLC, Splunk, Keynote, DynaTrace, New Relic, SQL, Java, AWS, DevOps or AppMon is considered a strong plus.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."