Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Network Security Analyst
Job Title: Network Security Analyst
Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Permanent
SherlockTalent is actively looking for a network Security Analyst to join their team. Ideal candidate will possess a strong IT security background and troubleshooting skills.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts.
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based security platforms:
- Vulnerability scanning systems and tools
- Network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Log & Event Management (LEM) platform
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware console
- Firewall and network access controls lists
- Web and E-mail proxy and filtering systems
- Evaluate systems using vulnerability scanners and manual techniques to verify system security settings and configurations.
- Provide reoccurring reports for network and host-based security solutions.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
- 4+ years IT experience
- 3+ years’ experience focused on IT security
- Must possess or obtain within 12 months from date of hire, an industry recognized information security certification, such as a CISSP (or Associate), SSCP, CEH, or equivalent
- Networking background in Cisco technologies (switches, routers, call manager).
- Hands-on experience more than 2 of the following: vulnerability scanning, firewall, antivirus & malware analysis, proxy, IDS/IPS, log correlation tools, NAC, and application firewall solutions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Visio to create documents, presentations, and detailed drawings.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issue.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks. Fundamental or greater understanding of encryption technologies.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."