Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Senior Systems Engineer
Opportunity: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Job Type: Permanent
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for operational tasks intake from other Technology Operations groups, assisting the team’s project workload, and systems maintenance activities. He or she will be responsible for company systems and leading troubleshooting, fixing problems and escalating issues to the appropriate teams. This candidate will also be responsible for assisting in scheduling, mentoring, and administrative activities of company Systems Engineering team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and implement required features of the AE tool architecture and road map.
- Work with other teams as necessary to forecast long term strategies for filling feature gaps in the availability and performance toolsets to keep multiple steps ahead of the curve
- Perform monitoring software administration (maintenance, upgrades).
- Provide auditing tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all devices, services, and processes.
- Architect and develop tools to enhance correlation of historical performance and alert data with current issues.
- Define and evangelize standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing of products.
- Take a primary role in designing and building solutions to improve operational awareness.
- Research, architect, and oversee implementation of monitoring solutions for new technologies.
- Actively engage users of AE tools to solicit feedback, triaging + incorporating feature requests/bug fixes.
- Be available for support of the availability tools on a rotational basis.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- B.S Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- Able to provide simple and elegant solutions to complex problems ranging from data collection, aggregation, and display, to improving performance of highly-scalable products
- The ability to architect and develop monitoring and reporting solutions with tools such as Shell scripting, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Java, SNMP, and RRDtool.
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols
- Expert level knowledge of RPM package creation process, source/version control, and apache/lighttpd web servers
- Expert level knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Experience in an Enterprise Java environment desirable
- Experience in configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud based technologies
- Experience in managing SAN’s such as EMC and NetApp
- Assigning of work daily via ticketing system queues
- Change Control Management (ITIL Based)
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Coaching and growing less senior engineers
- Acting as technical and managerial escalation points for NOC, HelpDesk, and Systems Team
- Provide on call rotation
- Monitoring ticket queues for change control, incidents, and requests
- Technical project management
- Working directly with clients on specific projects and/or escalations
- Planning hardware refresh and maintenance where necessary
- Organization of technical documentation
- License management