Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Director Software Development
Director Software Development
Our Palm Beach County based client is seeking a Software Development Director to manage the production and enhancement of critical systems supporting a large mobile, field based workforce, across multiple subsidiaries. Successful delivery of information reporting and services requires frequent interaction and collaboration with multiple support functions and end user groups, including Field Force Deployment, IT/IM and Field leadership.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for the software suite supporting field operations. This includes collaboration with field users to drive adoption, integration with all upstream/downstream data and system dependencies, and coordination of related training and change management.
- Collaborate with operational stakeholders to identify and execute necessary operational enhancements to support delivered solutions.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in research and development.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to the company’s architects and development teams.
- Research emerging technologies.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check systems technical performance.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology related investments and purchases.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering and/or
- 14+ years equivalent work experience.
- Ability to document, design, implement customized data driven solutions that facilitate the flow of information from the field.
- Strong background in software development with full stack development experience
- Solid understanding of technical architecture and design patterns
- Strong object-oriented discipline
- Technical understanding and experience with the following technologies:
- .NET and related technologies such as WPF and Silverlight, WCF, Entity
- Framework and ASP.NET MVC.
- Web technologies. HTTP/S, contemporary HTML (HTML5 and CSS3),
- SQL and SQL Server database.
- Open Source technologies such as Python and Node.
- New technology introduction and implementation program.
- New product design and development program.
- iOS or Android mobile development.
- C#, C++ and Java development exposure
- Software troubleshooting.
- UML modeling.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of current technology standards and trends in area of responsibility
- Strong cross-functional leadership and ability to collaborate effectively with various groups
- Strong understanding of project management principles
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."