Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Senior Juniper Network Engineer
SENIOR JUNIPER NETWORK ENGINEER
Our Client in Palm Beach County is seeking a Network Engineer focusing on the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. Responsible for planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network equipment.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Manage network security solutions, such as firewalls.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 4-10 years equivalent work experience.
- Must have prior experience with Juniper
- Proven experience working in an ISP or service provider environment
- Certifications: CCNP or JNCIP not required, but a plus
- Strong knowledge and configurations of private network technologies
- MPLS configuration
- VPN / Split tunneling
- Firewalls – Cisco / Juniper
- Layer 1-3 switching and routing configurations
- VLans, IP allocations / subnetting, QOS / COS
- DNS / DHCP
- Strong knowledge of sizing and provisioning of access services
- T1 / MLPPP
- Metro Ethernet
- DSL / Cable
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols
- OSI Model
- IGRP / EIGRP / OSPF / STP
- EGP / BGP / TCP / UDP
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies – security and protocols
- Access points
- 11x standards
- WEP / WPA(2)
- Remote Access
- Strong knowledge of Voice over IP and network best practices
- Cisco call manager, Mitel, Avaya IPO
- SIP trunking, dial plans, call routing, MAC’s
- Strong configuration skills of Cisco or Juniper switches, routers, firewalls
- Cisco IOS
- Strong working knowledge of network monitoring tools
- Cisco NAM
- Solar winds / Orion
- Packet sniffers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong structured network cabling – copper / fiber
- The following would be a definite plus
- Experience in a large network implementation. i.e. multiple sites
- Experience in a multi-datacenter environment
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.