SherlockTalent is actively looking for an EDI and Database Developer is responsible for managing and maintaining EDI documents, processes, and specifications for all X12 Documents being exchanged with Trading Partners.
- Design, develop and maintain EDI systems, including data mapping, translation, and interfaces
- Coordinating relations with, and serving as a liaison, to internal users, trading partners, vendors and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards
- Performing system testing and quality control checks
- Manage all EDI-based transactions including system configuration
- Developing and maintaining EDI documentation, including mapping rules and data specifications.
- Work with PMO Manager to prepare and manage project backlog, active project plans, project issues, and risks and issue remediation
- Assist business analysts in troubleshooting technical issues with standard or custom EDI programs and reports.
- Translate Business Requirements into Technical EDI Specifications.
- Maintain EDI account transaction activity along with Trading Partner
- Write complex SQL Queries to support business needs, while working with the Manager to maintain databases
- Database Administrator tasks in setting up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, applying patches and fixes, creating backup reports, status reports, and performance monitoring.
- Create and support packages to solve business problems
- Work closely with Manager to design, develop and maintain Database systems across applications.
- Monitor databases on a daily basis to ensure optimal uptime and performance
- Create scripts to automatically monitor database processes and their dependencies
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and other business-driven objects
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and or 4-6 years equivalent work experience:
- Experience with developing and implementing X12 EDI documents (including but not limited to 810,820,832,846,850,855,856,844,867).
- 4+ years’ experience using ANSI ASC X12 standards, EDIFACT standards, Gentran Server or Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) — now known as Sterling Integrator (SI) software.
- Data and process flow modeling and documentation experience
- Database queries (SQL)
- Experience with SFTP, FTP, AS2, and VAN
- Knowledge of data extraction from databases and other systems.
- 2 years’ experience developing and writing SQL code
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus
- Excellent, proven organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”