Senior Digital Product Manager, Permanent, Miami, Florida. Compensation: $130k-$150k with 15% bonus, plus outstanding benefits package!
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Director, Product, the Sr. Manager/Manager, Product will be responsible for providing leadership over the team that defines the strategy and functionally executes a product and/or set of products for the brand.
The Sr. Manager/Manager will lead several team members, in close collaboration with business stakeholders from across the corporation, to define the vision for the entire end-to-end guest and/or employee experience, across all digital touchpoints (e.g., smartphone, signage, etc.) for their specific product and/or set of digital products. In addition, this leader and her/his teams will be accountable for the successful launch of their digital products from ideation through implementation, as well as ongoing optimization.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and proven track record of product management and user experience design with respect to the web, mobile and wearable technology, native application and web engineering, as well as the ability to provide leadership towards the development of guest- and employee-centric experiences. The ideal candidate will also have an eye toward the rapidly evolving digital landscape and provide leadership over advanced and emerging concepts, such as the impact and role of artificial intelligence in product development and the future state of the screen-less user experience, to help both educate leaders across the company, as well as inform the forward-looking roadmap.
The Sr. Manager/Manager will be responsible for ensuring her/his teams adhere to (and/or aid in the creation of) the development and consistent application of product design principles, design patterns and shared code libraries to ensure efficient and scalable product development. S/he must be able to work with multiple products and project teams simultaneously, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and connect unexpected threads across disparate delivery teams.
The role will provide direct leadership over the individual contributors who bring products to life, leading a team of 5-10 employees, contractors, freelancers and vendors as digital products and initiatives are ideated, designed, developed and executed. This leader requires the ability to direct teams that ideate and deliver high-quality digital products for guests and employees, by both fostering and demonstrating a culture of data-driven and end-user focused product think, design and engineering and innovation.
At a high-level, responsibilities for this role will include:
Digital strategy: Provides leadership over the strategic direction of a digital product or set of digital products, across all brands and all touchpoints, including strategy, product roadmap, product design, front-end technical development, launch, and ongoing optimization. Partner and collaborate closely with stakeholders from the various brands and across the corporation to understand how to adapt and evolve the strategy of digital products based on the key drivers of each of the brands.
Product definition: Leads the team(s) responsible for the development of the vision and definition of a digital product or set of digital products by connecting multiple complex guest and/or employee touchpoints (e.g., research, feedback, etc.), technology strategy (e.g., ship/shore standardization), business drivers and business value, with a guest- and employee-first focus. Provide direct leadership to ensure that the product specifications that are created enable a desirable, feasible and viable product for the relevant end-user. In addition, the Sr. Manager/Manager must foster a highly collaborative team, where cross-discipline dynamic communication is paramount to the successful delivery of the product.
Product delivery: The Sr. Manager/Manager is ultimately accountable for the digital product(s) that are created and developed, and is ultimately responsible for the on-time, on-budget and on-strategy delivery of products and projects through careful prioritization and review.
Product standards: Leads the team(s) in setting the corporation-wide digital principles, standards and practices (across product definition, product design and product engineering) and is ultimately responsible for a) ensuring that all delivery teams within her/his product set apply those practices to their various work products and b) continually aid in the active validation and evolution of those practices.
Product roadmap: Leads the team(s) responsible for the development of the overall product roadmap for her/his product set in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and collaborates with other product leadership to develop the overall product roadmap for all products. Works in close collaboration with the Project Management Office to develop the annual operating plan for a digital product or set of digital products, including advocating for the appropriate level of funding necessary to meet the rapid adoption of digital products by guests and employees.
Personnel management: Responsible for all aspects of personnel management (e.g., hiring, training, and development, etc.) of her/his direct reports and overall team.
- Responsible for the execution of the digital Capex and Opex products, assumed to be in excess of $5M – $10M per year.
- Responsible for the product delivery budget, including vendor management, in excess of $5M per year.
- Minimum 7 (manager) 10 (sr. manager) years in a digital product, design or engineering senior leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an MS/MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience in leading teams/organizations in bringing high-quality digital products to market.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategy and execution skills at the enterprise level. This role requires that the candidate has a proven track record of leading large teams through ideation, design, and delivery of complex guest and employee-facing products.
Product & Delivery Depth:
- Deep knowledge and extensive track record in leading teams in the development of web and mobile solutions, with a deep understanding of how to get consumer-centric solutions to market with a high degree of success.
- Deep knowledge of digital technologies, with an eye toward the continual change in consumer technology, including but not limited to wearables, screenless UI, artificially intelligent bots and voice recognition.
- Experience leading product, design and engineering teams through a software development lifecycle that leverages agile principles yet recognize constraints necessary in an environment that has both antiquated systems and a construction lifecycle with a long lead time.
- Ability to effectively provide overall leadership across a large and diverse delivery system, that spans product definition, design and engineering across front-end UI, services and back-end systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project/program leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior-most executive levels of a company.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the business, guest, and employee and effectively translate that into a strategy that drives measurable results.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!