Do you want to help save planet earth’s marine life? Are you passionate about managing software development and delivering world-class code?
Your opportunity to impact change is now. Join a rapidly growing software product company based in Miami Beach. This 20-year-old SaaS firm recently received a significant investment. We’re building a new level management team to scale success.
To be qualified, you must have progressive career growth experience in the Microsoft stack of technologies, from hands-on development and/or analysis to managing teams of software developers and analysts.
This role is a leadership role that will involve documentation, monitoring, deployment, and support of our applications in both test and production environments.
The DevOps Manager tackles our organization’s toughest technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support the execution of the organization’s vision. The DevOps Manager is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our web applications. The ideal candidate loves being the person who interfaces between the development team and the server team and has a deep understanding of technology at both the server level and at the development level.
This person is deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions (both server and web applications), understands New Relic in-depth, and can set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue. The DevOps Manager manages service delivery and systems reliability and scalability. This role is accountable for reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions and reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with product development initiatives.
- Ensures that application development and deployment are done in the best possible way and implements quality control systems throughout the development and deployment processes.
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions.
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related, and technology/code related) by querying providers and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex elements of technical operations.
- Manages analysis and approval of new code through security and performance gates that you will design and develop for feature-complete software. Be an advocate for security and performance standards in the organization.
- Manages operational aspect of production and development servers including developing, training in, and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation, scheduling, and more.
- Identifies trending gaps or issues in the day-to-day performance of all website applications and components hosted by the company and third-party vendors including active monitoring, alert management, reporting, and process reviews.
- Maintains issue tracking and documentation systems and provides reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects.
- Works closely with the development manager and program management in release planning, preparation, validation, post-release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
- Possesses high-level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, databases, and system design.
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Responsible for the development of standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship-building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high-quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Octopus, TeamCity, or equivalent CI tools
- Strong knowledge and skills in IIS and Windows Server.
- Proficient in cloud services such as AWS, Azure.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes or another container service is a plus.
- Experience with Jira is a plus
- Well versed in GIT or other version control/branching methodology.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- 5+ Years of DevOps experience of software or projects.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be available to work immediately in the Miami area, FL.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”