Our client is seeking a QA Automation Engineer. As part of the quality assurance team, the automation engineer will be responsible for all aspects of testing with emphasis on creating and maintaining an automated test framework. You will continually be learning advanced technology, rapidly understanding and prototyping new ways of validating services, and sharing responsibility for the quality of production-grade solutions that will be used by thousands of users.
You will have the opportunity to impact change that will involve solving problems being challenged by different communities such as Go, Helm, C/C++, Java, or Kubernetes. You’ll be faced with the task of filling in the technical gaps that make different projects work together. This job is for a hands-on constructive coder that can validate community-driven services that run at scale.
As a team member, you will develop new and maintain existing QA automation platforms, including test execution, bug detection, load, and negative testing of existing services such as GoCenter and ConanCenter, and also new services that are being planned.
- Undertake an essential part in the development cycles, in order to deliver high-quality products
- Design, develop and implement automation test infrastructure
- Your opportunity to impact change will involve solving problems being faced by different communities such as; Kubernetes, Helm, C/C++, Java or Go.
- Closely interact with developers and support, regarding customer issues
- Investigate software issues as a result of testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with automation development in OO languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Shippable, TravisCI or similar
- Experience working with Selenium like tools to validate UI, testing
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with writing automation tests for applications in Linux/Unix environments
- Bug detection abilities and good analysis to root cause detection
- An analytical approach for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Self-learner and independent executor
An advantage, but they really do want it:
- Experience with languages such as Golang.
- Experience with test frameworks that validates services that follow asynchronous architecture.
- Experience with tools such as JMeter, Blazemeter, TestIM.
- Experience with Kubernetes and chaos testing for services running on Kubernetes.
Location: Bay Area Office commutable from San Jose / Cupertino /Palo Alto/Santa Clara/Mountain View
Compensation: Salary $120K
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses for successful placements.