Job Shadowing is a nationwide effort where hundreds of thousands of workplaces welcome millions of student shadows through their doors. Job Shadowing is an academically motivating educational activity dedicated to giving kids an up-close look at the world of work.
For students, job shadowing . . .
- Provides an answer to the question, “Why do I have to learn this?”
- Demonstrates the importance of academies in reaching college and career goals.
- Motivates students to learn by demonstrating a tangible application of classroom lessons.
For employers, job shadowing . . .
- Helps prepare the future workforce.
- Offers a chance to share knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates a tangible commitment to supporting and improving the community.
If you would like to host students on Groundhog Job Shadow Day, please fill out this form.
Groundhog Job Shadow Day can take place throughout the month of February 2024.
Contact Julie Kennedy at 305-693-3017 if you have any questions.