SherlockTalent is looking for a Technical Writer for a world class technology organization striving to bring best-of-breed payment processing solutions to the more than 300 financial institutions that are already clients. Commitment to excellence and providing innovative technology and superior customer service; Looking for individuals who will be laser focused in helping us achieve our goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work and assist in creating, editing, and reviewing comprehensive technical documents such as user guides, online help, in-app documents and technical specifications
- Coordinate with Software Engineers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the platform, its features and updates.
- Analyze the information elicited to create accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users.
- Help review and maintain technical documents to ensure its consistency and alignment with the latest version of the platform.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- College degree in journalism, English, writing, communications, marketing, or relevant related field.
- Minimum 7 years technical solution writing experience in software or systems integration field.
- Strong aptitude in developing content, grasping difficult concepts and interpreting technical writing.
- Skilled in PC software – Strong in Word; good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Visio, MS Project, and SharePoint a plus
- Strong oral communications and writing skills
- Strong skills in ensuring continuity, clarity and consistency of writing
- Experience working as a part of a large project team or as a lead.
- Demonstrates proven editing and writing skills through a portfolio of samples that include papers, reports, business, or other documents.
- Flexible; multitasking; manages contingencies, options, etc.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds, disciplines
- Proactive; self-starter; excellent follow-through
- Independent as well as team oriented, as needed
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.