Jobs    Everything

Select a Metro Area

Apply to this job

The Systems Engineer (Windows) is responsible for supporting equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation and support. The Systems Engineer performs a wide variety of installation, configuration, upgrading and diagnostics of workstations, servers and related hardware and software.

The Systems Engineer will collaborate with and carry out the Director’s vision. He/She will be responsible for helping to design, plan, document, build and manage multiple projects.

Examples; migrating Windows servers out of the VMware vCloud Air environment into Amazon Web Services (AWS), rolling out new Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) technologies, furbishing new office space for IT readiness, or working with and building relationships with 3rd party vendors to keep projects on-track, on-time, and on-budget.

As a higher-level engineer, the Systems Engineer also serves as a point of escalation for helpdesk requests and augments the helpdesk on an as-needed basis: vacations, lunches, roll-outs, etc. Also, the Systems Engineer serves as a mentor to junior personnel, sharing experiences and knowledge to help the team grow and advance.

This role will be responsible for continuing to build out our IT operations with a customer-focused emphasis. Our employees are our best resource and we are striving to improve their experience and make IT easier to use while adding security, accountability, and accessibility.

Required experience 5-10 years in Systems Engineering, with at least 5 years in a Senior Engineering and/or Systems Administrator role. Relevant Education (IS/IT/BM/PM) & Certifications (Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, AWS or Azure) are a plus. Solid, working knowledge of Microsoft-centric platforms with a willingness to learn new and advance in existing technologies. Must possess strong positive interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service & satisfaction. Experience with Windows Server Core is preferred. Experience with Cisco-based networking is essential. Must be capable of working alone as well as with teams across all business units. Must be capable of operating within multiple simultaneous projects with different timelines and requirements. Occasional night & weekend work based on projects, systems maintenance, and go-lives is required. Will share on-call duty with the Director.


  • Windows Server 2012R2 – AD, ADCS, ADFS, DFS & DFS-R, DHCP, DNS, NAP/Radius, RDS
  • PowerShell Scripting Experience
  • Windows 10 (95% of all desktops), Mac OS X (the remaining 5%)
  • Google Apps for Work (G. Suite), primarily Google Drive & Gmail
  • Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365 including Exchange Online
  • AirWatch / InTune for MDM – iOS / Android / Windows 10 Mobile
  • Acronis True Image / Windows Deployment Services
  • LAMP-based Website and Line-of-Business Application Hosted in AWS
  • Citrix ShareFile
  • Bullhorn CRM
  • VMware vCloud Air – Hybrid Cloud Environment migrating to Amazon AWS
  • VMware ESX – migrating to Hyper-V
  • Cisco Networking
  • IOS-XE Switching & Integrated WLC
  • ASA NGFW, including FirePower, STS VPN & AnyConnect VPN
  • Citrix NetScaler v11
  • Polycom-based hosted voice solution (VoIP)