ITPalooza took another big step to reinforce South Florida’s reputation as a technology center at December’s annual gathering, which moved to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center.
Attendees were able to take one of 12 different educational tracks, says Tammy Kennedy, who is the 2017-18 president of the South Florida Technology Alliance, which supports the show. Some of the material, such as four packed sessions about agile project management, provided appeal that went beyond technology companies.
The student track helped young local talent realize they can stay in South Florida and find fulfilling work. “I don’t have to move to New York and I don’t have to move to Silicon Valley. I can stay here and have an amazing career,” Kennedy says of the resulting mindset.
“Content is king. We knocked it out of the park,” she adds. Moreover, “among the panelists and moderators, 98 percent were all here from our own backyard—all C-level executives. The fact that we had so many execs and great information and people getting together for ITPalooza was truly amazing.”
Altogether, it fit the alliance’s mission: “Learn, connect and grow.”
The ITPalooza committee in front of toys donated by attendees for Toys for Tots: Kelly Boyle, Financial Advisor & Senior Vice President, Boyle Torres & Associates, Ameriprise Financial; Beth Ryan, Consultant, True Digital Security; Glen Benjamin, Social Media Chair, & Board Member of South Florida Technology Alliance; Allie Hernandez, Director of Marketing & Partner Development, 365 Data Centers; Lenny Chesal, Evangelist, Cybraics; Tammy Kennedy, President, South Florida Technology Alliance; John McLaughlin, Enterprise Architect, Nexenta Systems; Nicole Ciccone, Executive Director, South Florida Technology Alliance; Rick Sebaly, Senior Account Manager-Enterprise, Dell EMC & ITPalooza Committee Chair; Alex Funkhouser, CEO, Sherlock Talent; Steve Earle, Founder & CEO, E2Marketing; and Kristen Knauer, Client Success Manager, 365 Data Centers
Read the complete SFBW article here: http://sfbwmag.com/2018/01/tech-conference-demonstrates-local-impact/
Held annually in early December, ITPalooza is the center-piece of the South Florida IT events calendar.
Not only is ITPalooza the perfect platform for brand marketing but it’s also the perfect opportunity to have some fun in the sun in Fort Lauderdale, the ‘Venice of America’
In the past 5 editions:
- 8500+ visitors
- 340+ exhibitors
- 300+ Speakers,
- Over $150,000 raised in cash and toys
Thursday, December 7, 2017, Registration opens at 8:00AM
Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (954) 765-5900
Parking for 3000 cars available at the Convention Center
With ITPalooza taking place THIS THURSDAY, our promo-code offers are just the thing to get you into the year’s premier IT and Tech event while saving big!
Remember Toys for Tots Pledge tickets always available always FREE!
Exclusive offer for SherlockTalent newsletter subscribers.
Offer #1 use promo-code itpst20
ITPalooza General Admissions – regular price $60.00, Sale price $48.00 (limited tickets available at this price!)
Offer #2 use promo-code afterdarkst20
ITPalooza VIP Tickets – regular price $250.00, Sale price $200.00 (limited tickets available at this price!)
- Access to the exclusive all-day VIP Lounge
- Best seating in the keynote theater
- Access to the exclusive ITPalooza After Dark networking party
This year, ITPalooza is an all-day event at an exciting new venue and in recognition of our attendees endurance, we’re including a FREE LUNCH for all VIP and Paid Ticket Attendees! Limited to the first 650 guests.
Now we all know that there’s no such a thing as a free lunch but in this case that’s exactly what you’ll be getting! In addition, there’s a full-day of fantastic activities including:
- Morning and afternoon keynote addresses by leading subject-matter experts from Amazon and Centrify
- Marine Toys for Tots Mega Toy Wall
- AppzBizz Mobile app treasure hunt – find the treasure hidden with the vendor booths
- Branded-Pix Mobile app photo contest
- 5 Tracks including Agile, Cloud, IoT, Security and Development
- Exclusive invitation only CIO Track hosted by the CIO Council of South Florida
- All-day VIP Lounge for meetings and quiet reflection
- 3D visual Experience exhibit
- Tesla Experience Exhibit
- Vendor showcase spotlighting top South Florida Vendors
- Hiring Fair
- South Florida Tech Groups
- Presentations, prize-giving and raffle
- ITPalooza After-dark party and networking
Toys for Tots Tickets always FREE always AVAILABLE!
Are you ready for the great ITPalooza IoT Hackathon?
You are invited to bring your A-Game to the ITPalooza IoT Hackathon. This year the hackathon will be held at the Las Olas Campus of Broward College, Friday Dec 2 thru’ Saturday Dec 3. Winning teams will be announced the following Thursday at ITP16 during the official awards ceremony.
You’ve got 36 hours to hack your way to a real-world IoT solution.
The Playing Field:
- Open to all coders/developers
- Students, faculty, professionals, and start-ups
- Winning teams will be announced at ITP16, Dec 8, 2016
- Official prize-giving ceremony
- Your participation in the hackathon gets you automatic admission to ITP16
- Just show your Hackathon badge at ITP16 check-in
Fri, Dec 2, 2016, 8:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 2016, 5:00 PM
225 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301