Take this opportunity to join SherlockTalent’s webmaster and newsletter editor, Steve Earle at the February 18th WITI event.
Many of you know Steve as a founding member and webmaster for ITPalooza. Steve is also the founder of E2Marketing, a company specializing in web-based marketing automation solutions, web development (coding), graphic design, and professional copywriting services.
In this presentation, Steve will show you how to use WordPress to build a powerful technology blog. A blog is a great way to gain mind share with your contacts, build your personal brand, and reach a wider audience. Steve will use a live customer blog to illustrate many of the features below – http://capitalroadllc.com/blog
- How to choose between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- What is a blog? Curating your content, building a body of work
- Tools to add a post to your blog
- Adding SEO functionality
- Adding Social Media Sharing tools
- Creating a discussion with reader comments
- Post notification by RSS, MailChip, Constant Contact
- Collecting new subscribers
- How to read the statistics, JetPack or Google Analytics