A market-leading IT Security VAR in Broward County seeks a Senior IT Security Engineer. Individual will be responsible for assisting our customers with installation configuration, and troubleshooting of security products, such as firewall gateways, IPS, Web Application Firewalls and other gateway/endpoint technologies.
• Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Solutions, VPN appliances, event and log analysis, security change tracking and other network security systems and devices.
• Develop detailed documentation for operational use and customer reports.
• Follow network and security configuration procedures.
• Stay up-to-date on security concepts and technologies.
• Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the engineering team.
• Actively protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of customer, employee, and business information
• Requires both telephone and on-site work.
• Some after-hours work and overnight travel is required.
• Exposure to the top products in IT security, at some of the leading corporations.
• Company training and paid certifications in products and technologies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• AS degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience with IP networking and security devices.
• Strong background in Internet security.
• Strong Linux/Unix skills.
• Strong TCP/IP internetworking skills including a thorough understanding of application protocols.
• Hands-on experience with market leading firewalls.
• Strong knowledge of security solutions and product lines.
• Scripting/coding skills a plus.
• Customer oriented, friendly and have the ability to work well within a diverse group of people
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Team player and able to work under pressure.
• Applicant must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Check Point / Fortinet / Palo Alto
• A+ / Network+ / Security+
• Competitive salary based on experience and abilities.
• Earned time off starting at 15 days per year.
• Employee paid Healthcare
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonuses!