Our client located near Downtown Miami is looking for a Java Web Developer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coding, production, modification, and maintenance of enterprise-class websites for desktop and mobile. Focusing on the Java tier of their web applications, works closely with their front-end developers and IT Enterprise services team to write clean, modular, and efficient code that enable their digital products.
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / DEVELOPER SKILLS:
• Java & J2EE
• MVC frameworks including Struts and Spring
• Integration with web services
• JSON, XML / XSLT
• Relational databases
• Design patterns
• Responsible for the design, development, operation, and maintenance of web-based Java applications, Web services, and Web interfaces. Designs, develops and implements site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning and developing system features and functionality
• Codes digital products and their new features at the application layer. Codes will consume APIs and services that enable cruise itinerary bookings, restaurant reservations, loyalty management, online check-in systems, guest personalization, and social media integration.
• Determines design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting test
• Defines interdependency with other disciplines and is involved in the testing and certification processes
• Leads, directs and provides technical guidance to team
• Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Java & J2EE development, JSON, XML / XSLT, TSQL, MVC frameworks including Struts and Spring, Integration with web services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Web Development or equivalent professional experience.
• SME in computer science, engineering or related discipline
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate a degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
• Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture and Web Service development standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL) and developing in Spring and Hibernate frameworks
• Agile/Scrum development methods
Experience working on at least one of the following:
• Large enterprise-level marketing sites with deep content marketing, an eCommerce or booking funnel, rich product content catalogs, and features including calendar, facets, tag management, and feeds from other core business systems
• International eCommerce sites with experience developing user interactions and understanding complex product catalog-related integrations with other applications
• A lifestyle brand as a branded manufacturer with a direct channel or a retailer’s eCommerce channel
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 Referral Bonus!