Miami based–International Financial Services firm–has opening for a Cisco Engineer with Interest in moving into a career in Data & Networking Security.
• You will initially work with Infrastructure team while being trained on the company’s Security policies.
• The ultimate goal would be working on the Security Side & supporting the networks. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to capitalize on their interest & passion for security.
• Company has policies in place & your role will be to monitor & implement the security plan.
• Company is GLBA & ISO 27002 regulated & compliance would be part of your training.
• Your engineering background will be a big asset in deploying secure environments, hardening and maintaining systems, developing automated security tools and controls to protect against threats.
• Your attitude & aptitude will be the key to your success. Must be analytical & able to diagnose vulnerabilities & secure the system.
• Opportunity to oversee operational tasks supporting information security functions such as intrusion detection and prevention, security event log analysis, management reporting, virus prevention and remediation, encryption, network segmentation, remote access and authentication.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
• Basic Cisco networking expertise, including demonstrated experience in ASA Firewalls and Cisco switches. IPCC and Call Manager experience a plus
• 2-3 years of data security experience or equivalent certifications (SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.) a plus
o Client would offer educational assistance in obtaining any certifications deemed necessary.
• Vulnerability assessment and management of Intrusion detection and prevention
• Understanding of IDS, HIDS, Content Filtering, Network hardening, Packet Inspection, and SIEM concepts and tools are a strong plus.
• Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish) a plus
• This is a fulltime permanent position with all work to be done onsite. Prefer local candidates!
• SherlockTalent is happy to offer a $500 referral bonus