Do you speak Japanese? Maybe even Natively? Do you like technology and want to grow your career in IT in Boston? Then this may be your future! The Security Operations Technician is a technical professional supporting first line Distributed Denial of Service attack mitigation and detection/alerting process. You'll use IP networking, support tools, and data analysis to perform first-response detection and initial diagnosis of all network service and attack-related events in the Security Operations Center (SOC).
This is an excellent position for somebody interested in gaining practical experience in security and network operations. This position is focused on the Japanese customer communications.
You'll work the daytime shift in a 24/7 operations center, which is responsible for rapid response DDoS mitigation. Each shift is a team-oriented cross-functional unit charged with the detection and mitigation of DDoS attacks, customer communications, and resolution of platform integration issues. Regular training, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement are important elements of the SOC.
* Follow workflow procedures of operations center in large global environment
* Participate in day, evening or overnight security operations center shift schedule
* Identify network connectivity and routing issues and escalate appropriately
* Respond to and internally route trouble tickets via support queues
* First contact customer communication for alerting and ddos mitigation process
* Monitor and respond to all required operational support system events
* Fluency in Japanese
* 1 year experience in a technical support/ facing role
* 1 year experience working in linux/unix environment or RHCT.
* BS degree or equivalent experience
* 1 year experience in network protocols: HTTP(S), TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSL
* 1 year experience with security issues and access control mechanisms (firewall, ids)
Desired Experience but not required:
*CCNA or equivalent experience (network troubleshooting, subnetting)
* Service provider experience a huge plus
* Operational experience with security issues and access control mechanisms to prevent unwanted access.
* Working knowledge of network routing and network troubleshooting
* Knowledge of various DDoS attack types (UDP/ICMP Flood, SYN Flood, HTTP Get Flood, TCP Connection Attack, TCP Flag-based Attacks) a huge plus
* Working knowledge of tcpdump/ethereal/wireshark software
* Perl/PHP experience a huge plus
* Certifications (CISSP, CCNA, ITIL, RHCT, Linux+) a plus
* Have the drive and take ownership to personally resolve issues
* Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment without unnecessarily increasing stress levels
* Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
* Ability to handle contention and potential conflict situations with clients professionally
* To contribute and participate in a continuous improvement cycle
* To be motivated to take advantage of all training opportunities and gain the appropriate qualification
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses – please share this opportunity with a friend!