DataWarehouse Architect will develop conceptual, logical, and dimensional data models for the analytical and transaction processing environments. Principal Business (Data) Architect will develop and document requirements and design specifications in the form of data models, data flow diagrams and data quality controls, translating conceptual requirements into efficient and robust technical designs.
This is a fulltime onsite position for a Miami based Fortune 100 firm. Strong interpersonal skills a MUST.
• Identifying and defining business needs and integrating them into the overall Data Architecture.
• Design and build data structures to support the business.
• Develop, improve, and support data modeling and data integrity standards, as well as data architecture policies and procedures.
• Monitor and enforce compliance of data standards
• Ensure consistency and integration with existing data structures
• Maintain the metadata infrastructure (metadata repository, model repository); maintain the data dictionary and business metadata.
• Reverse engineer existing databases and identify opportunities for data consolidation and design improvement.
• Work with Data Application Teams and Business Analysts to document data flow diagrams (DFD) and integrate the data and process architectures.
• Define source to target ETL Requirements and work with development to ensure valid ETL.
• Work with DBA's to implement schemas and assist in Capacity Planning and application design patterns.
Job Requirements :
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related field.
• Experience with a minimum of three continuous years in designing logical and physical data model designs for Operational Data Stores, enterprise data warehouses, and data marts preferably in the media industry.
• Experience in designing high volume OLTP systems for applications and an understanding of application frameworks such as SOA and J2EE
• Strong understanding – structured analysis, logical and physical database design and normalization techniques, and efficient and consistent data use principles.
• Demonstrated hands-on dimensional data modeling proficiency with modeling tools and the ability to articulate the difference between common data architectures and the advantages and disadvantages of each, and apply each appropriately.
• Experience with Data Profiling and Data Quality concepts and tools.
• Proven experience working on large databases (high volume data) with frequent loading.
• Large volume data processing experience (millions of rows of data).
• Understand data access tools and their influence on data structures.
The position requires the following management experience:
• ** Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative & Fast-Paced environment and facilitate in requirements gathering sessions. . ** Highly adaptive & Pro-Active able to organize, coordinate, and execute on details. Passionate about building and delivering products with a focus on quality driven development and process improvement.
Excellent Benefits Package–Happy to Share upon request. This position offers a 15% bonus.
SherlockTalent loves to share our $500 referral bonus!