Do you consider yourself a master of SQL development with incredible skills in SSIS and ETL?
Do you get excited by the idea of handing Terabytes of data on a weekly basis?
Then you may be our next hands-on Data Manager!
The Data Manager is a highly visible role and has the overall responsibility for assessing requirements and defining the strategy, technical architecture, implementation plan, and delivery of data warehouse projects. The Data Manager is also responsible for managing and overseeing daily operational functions supporting the business. The Data Manager must have prior experience leading successful data warehousing implementations utilizing Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, SSRS as well as exposure to SSAS and a broad background and experience with IT application development. This individual is responsible for establishing the long-term strategy and technical architecture as well as the short-term scope for a multi-phased data warehouse effort. This person must have strong professional consulting skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
• Identify, develop & manage opportunities to continually improve team performance – reduce cycle times, improve quality and flexibility
• Manage and coordinate all ETL data warehouse and processing activities, setting priorities and assigning tasks and projects within the data team
• Act as primary point of contact with internal clients to establish data warehouse deliverables plan, milestones, issue resolutions and risk assessments
• Manage ongoing production support and systems enhancements including prioritization, scoping, planning, and delivery activities
• Facilitate a collaborative approach to problem solving and make well-reasoned decisions
• Collaborate with various teams to scope projects and estimate resources needed to achieve project objectives
• Coordinate project plans with project managers for specific project activities Define and manage the SDLC for the data warehouse environment (requirements analysis, modeling and design, database and end user Business Analytics development)
• Ensure departmental standards and Key Performance Indicators are maintained, balancing consistency with flexibility to support business needs
• Plan and set annual budget and manage team activities to the established budget
• Plan and prepare data warehouse roadmap to identify key goals, objectives, strategy and timelines
• Support a strong customer service focus throughout the department
• Maintain an awareness of industry and market best practices to generate ideas for ongoing systems improvements
• B.S. in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
• 7-10 years increasing responsibility in leading ETL development and implementation teams utilizing the Microsoft stack of technologies (Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Visual Studio, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, etc.)
• Consultative solutions/business-value problem solving approach to engagements with senior executive leaders
• In-depth knowledge of tuning ETL process performance (efficient SQL statements, indexing, etc.)
• Relevant industry/domain expertise in business analytics software, Big Data, data/decision science or consulting services for one or more industry verticals, e.g., Mortgage, Banking, Insurance etc.
• Strong leadership skills, business acumen and proven ability to deliver world-class results
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
• Display initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills
• Strong professional consulting skills
• Multiple years of experience in a professional environment performing analysis, design and development tasks on Microsoft technology database platforms
• Knowledge of in-object oriented programming concepts and design
• Familiar with data mining concepts and machine learning algorithms
• Deep understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
• Experience in establishing and managing service level agreements
• Experience in leading successful enterprise data warehousing teams and efforts
• Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (e.g., ETL, ODS, DBMS, Microsoft BI stack, Hadoop etc.)
• Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
• Current knowledge of the data warehouse market; vendors, and standards bodies
Sherlock loves to share $500 referral bonuses!