Our client, a SaaS based management system is in search for a unique hybrid role of a DevOps Engineer position to manage their Windows fleet in the Amazon Cloud.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be a part of their development team and responsible for managing Windows EC2 servers/webservers, Elasticache, RDS, load-balancers, and building automated tools to make your administration easier. You will also participate in day-to-day investigation tasks, and tier-3 support related to our cloud hosting environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Administration of Windows-based servers within the cloud
• Creation of tools to assist with managing the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud hosting infrastructure – dynamic inventory management, automated machine deployment and configuration.
• Development and management of tools to assist with measuring and maintaining SLA goals within the cloud environment.
• Research and implement industry standard tools to support site scalability.
• Develop other internal tools to support the internal corporate technology environment.
• Implement disaster recovery and failover systems.
• Strive for the industry unicorn of 99.99% site uptime.
• Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot problems with internal services.
Experience and Education:
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related experience
• 3+ years system administration experience of Windows 2008 servers, ability to diagnose and resolve issues, apply patches and installations of applications and operating systems
• Experience in Internet facing applications, security concerns and vulnerability assessment, virtualization, network protocols (HTTP/S, SSL, SSH)
• You have some Web Infrastructure Experience, and maybe even Amazon Cloud.(preferred not required)
• Experience with a scripting or programming language to build management tools. (powershell)
• Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours.
• Self-starter, able to work with little or no supervision.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum desirable.
• Tackle high volume, scalability and automation problems with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies.
• Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
• Long-term prospects.
• Great company benefits.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!