Our client is a manufacturer and marketer of natural health & beauty products and supplements seeks a strong candidate for Java Developer. This is at least a 6 month contract.
They are a vertically integrated direct response marketing company, focused on health and wellness, engaged in marketing and sales of premium natural health care products and supplements through all forms of media.
The Java Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; help support and develop our software team.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Working closely with analyst, and staff.
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
• Preparation of training manuals for users.
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
• 3+ years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• Some familiarity with Java Enterprise APIs:
o Java Persistence API (JPA)
o Java Server Faces (JSF) – REQUIRED
• Knowledge of WebLogic
• Experience with JSON, XML, AJAX and jQuery required.
• JAVA/JEE/HIBERNATE/JPA/ORACLE PL SQL/WEBLOGIC or TOMCAT/
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral fees