The Director of Application Development will deliver end-to-end solutions in supporting project activity and maintaining existing core business.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain effective working relationships and lead a team of independent and creative thinkers, as well as establish quality standards and process improvement benchmarks. The Director will provide cost estimates to support development projects, and ensure that resources stay on target to meet commitments.
• Operational Excellence to manage the development team in an efficient, cost-effective and transparent manner, benchmarking costs and implementing best practices as appropriate.
• Interpersonal skills to liaison extensively with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and define development requirements and establish deadlines.
• Communication skills to articulate business strategy and project status to the company management team, customers, and other involved stakeholders.
• Adaptability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities.
• Analytical skills to efficiently comprehend requirements and make recommendations for process improvements.
• Strong programming and design skills are essential.
• Strong project management/planning experience.
• Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
• Strong hands-on experience and expertise developing with the Microsoft .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET WebForms and/or ASP.NET MVC
• WordPress, PHP and MYSQL.- highly desired, not required
• Team Foundation Server (TFS – for source control and bug tracking)
• Ability to provide structure, improve processes, and drive a team to generate excellent results.
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university and 10 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Seven years of IT experience in a variety of positions including project management, applications development, and business process reengineering.
• 5+ years of experience in managing professionals.
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral fees!