Our client, a financial services firm in the Boca area is looking to add a Sr QA Engineer to test their open source applications.
The quality of their software is of extreme importance. New features must be implemented exactly as specified without altering the rest of the application. For this role, we are seeking people who are committed to quality; we want people who embrace this role as a career and are not simply using this as a stepping stone to something else.
They are looking for someone who has supported a LAMP environment, using more automated testing tools, especially open source ones.
• test new features –reproduce bugs and other issues reported by users
• uncover problems before software is released to production
• write clear and detailed bug reports in Jira
• design and execute web-based automated tests using tools like Selenium
• ensure that critical bugs are reviewed and prioritized
• maintain a commitment to high quality standards
• investigate new tools and technologies to automate and improve testing
• at least 5 years experience with manual and automated testing for web-based applications, using tools like Selenium
• experience testing in multiple browsers and versions and on mobile
• experience testing for security concerns
• experience testing APIs
• able to mentor junior QA engineers
• able to find root causes of any defects
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• experience supporting mission-critical applications-with attention to details
• comfortable working in an agile environment
Please note what automated testing tools you have used & if you have done any testing in a LAMP environment.
Not required but would be a plus in your favor:
• knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks, especially Laravel
• experience with Salesforce.com
• financial services industry experience
Will consider candidates from out of state looking to move to S FL (No snow in FL)
75% pd health ins for the individual
SherlockTech loves to share our $500 referral fee.