Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Translates static design layouts into dynamic web interfaces.
• Develop project plans, reports and documents.
• Improving web site usability and performance.
• Working with operations, engineering, product management and community/customer care to solve problems and fix bugs.
• Working with others to envision, design, and develop sophisticated user interfaces for web applications.
• Write business requirement documents, functional / technical specification documents.
• A wide variety of experience from business process to coding nagios monitoring plugins is a major PLUS.
• ***Responsibilities are expected to increase as the company grows.***
• Bachelor’s degree in related field OR relevant work experience.
• Excellent Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication skills
• Disciplined coding style with an eye toward maintainability, scalability, and aesthetics of the code base utilizing MVC or other standards.
• Collaborative development in a team environment.
• Formal testing / software quality assurance experience, including hierarchical test cycle (unit test / application test / system test / user-acceptance test).
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Experience working with JSON / XML / REST APIs. We expect you to speak JSON better than most people speak English.
• Most of our work is done in Ruby on Rails, so experience with Rails is highly desired.
• Expert understanding of LAMP stack.
• Occasional after hours support to address business-critical application issues is required.
• Versioning System (Git).
• Basic Linux System Administration.
• Meticulous attention to detail (OCD a plus but not required).
• An obsession with high-quality deliveries.
What you can expect:
• Highly Competitive Salary
• Top Medical Benefits
• Competitive PTO Offering
• Casual Work Environment
• Team oriented culture with accessible and open-minded leadership
• Dynamic Web 2.0 hyper-growth career opportunity
This is a full-time, salaried position located in downtown Miami. Employment is subject to a successful background check & drug test.
SherlockTech loves to share our $500 referral bonus