Our client is an eCommerce Daily Deals website offering deals to millions of customers.
They are searching for a full-time Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer who is passionate about developing scalable and secure web apps, and ultimately building effective solutions.
While most of your efforts will be developing the code / api’s for our internal web apps and occasionally addressing customer-facing issues on our site, you may also be involved on projects for new or pervasive platforms.
As a developer we believe your most important trait should be the ability to deal with ambiguity, followed by a militant discipline for thorough testing. It's also very important that you have great communication skills because you will be your own product manager, requiring you to coordinate with other departments within the organization. We believe in code clarity over code brevity.
1. Proficiency in Ruby and Rails
3. Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl or Shell) on the command line
4. Experience integrating 3rd-party APIs into web apps
5. Proficiency in git to collaborate with the team
6. High level of self-management and organizational skills
7. Ability to ship great work every single day – we do our best daily
8. Experience with database queries, management, & architecture (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
9. Experience writing and maintaining Ruby gems
10. Experience with writing and maintaining extensive tests and specs (RSpec, Shoulda, etc)
*You have a passion for eCommerce
* Experience with code refactoring & optimization
* Experience with Continuous Integration (Codeship, Jenkins, etc)
* Experience with queue systems (Redis, Resque, delayed jobs, etc)
* Experience with Nginx and Apache server configuration
* Experience with TDD, Agile, and Lean methodologies
* Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS, Compass, Stylus)
* You’ve built or contributed to open source projects
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral bonus!