Our Miami based client is looking to create for a Senior Systems Support specialist to be part of their escalation team for the implementation of a POS system. You will act as the final point of contact for all escalated issues regarding the implementation of a proprietary Windows Application. You will be part of a large deployment & be considered Level 3 Tier Support. MUST have extensive knowledge -Windows Desktop applications–Great Customer Service Skills and able to determine & Document Root Cause analysis.
Please note that they would prefer candidates who are currently in transition and seeking a temporary assignment.
As you will be supporting only this one application–you MUST be a quick learner and possess great customer service skills.
Client is looking for team members who work together collaboratively.
EXPERIENCE/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must possess an excellent technical understanding of Microsoft Windows, file structures, application interaction, and Microsoft Windows security policies.
• Ideally 3+ years’ experience within a large scale Microsoft Windows environment.
Ideally 3+ years’ experience working in an enterprise level infrastructure operations center.
• Customer service acumen, experience working on a large scale helpdesk.
• Experienced in WAN/LAN and internet communications.
ITIL experience to include incident, problem & change management a plus.
• Experienced with performance monitoring tools.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability for taking ownership of tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
• Bachelors in Information Technology or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
• Provide day to day top level support by troubleshooting and resolving technical or procedural issues, and completing Root Cause Analysis as needed.
• Provide escalation support on new system installs.
• Experience with End Point Management System used for software deployments, patching, security policies and operational monitoring. Is a huge plus***
• Track daily trouble tickets & provide status to key stakeholders.
• Train IT support on application support processes.
• Develop and maintain the application knowledge base.
• Assist with the testing of new application functionality and processes.
• Provide off hours support as scheduled under rotation.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology, research the identified technology and implement it or recommend its implementation
• Perform analysis on system performance issues to identify potential slow points on the application, database or operating system.
QUALIFICATIONS—Considered a Plus (Nice to have)
• Familiarity in the application development, maintenance and test processes.
• Microsoft Certified Professional a plus.
They are looking for someone to understand the application so after the application has gone live–you can determine how large the issue is–delve into root cause analysis & document issues for developers to solve
All work must be done onsite at client’s Miami HQ. No option for remote