Lead UX Designer
Our client, mobile gaming start-up is looking for a bright, energetic UX / web designer to join their team.
You will be helping to create a clean, social, casual betting game for the mobile environment.
Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principals. Their ideal
candidate is that unique mix of visual and interaction design who understands how
users interact with information in the mobile environment and can deliver intuitive,
innovative, yet simple solutions. Their team culture, chemistry and commitment are as
important as your technical qualifications. Gaming, social, mobile, and / or Facebook
experience are a plus.
As an employee, you will work with a small team of designers, producers and engineers
to collaborate on exciting games in a new space. The UX / web designer will explore
and create the look and feel of the interface for our titles, contributing with anything from
concept sketches, wireframes and mock-ups to finished production-ready art for use in
a game using Photoshop and/or Illustrator. You'll work with the production team to
present and discuss your work, making changes as needed, and work with engineers to
ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game.
This position is based in South Florida and you would work with cutting edge
technology, operated by an experienced, able management team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
• 4+ years practical UX and web design experience working in interactive media,
• Must have an online portfolio
• Expert understanding of UX / UI design best practices and interactive design
• Ability to code on the client side, i.e., execute what you create in the mobile web
environment – PREFERRED
• Ability to translate flow charts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished
• Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
• Intuitive understanding of UX (user experience) flows is a must
• The ability to translate a document into a wireframe
• Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual
• Ability to produce high-quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
• Experience working on B2C mobile websites or native apps focused on virtual
goods a plus
• Some proficiency with drawing, illustration and/or 3D
• Passion for gaming
• Know how to work on a team (and enjoy it)
• Previous work in a startup environment is preferred
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral fees!