Our Miami based client is looking somesone with a minimum 5 years hands-on professional experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2003, 2008 R2) doing both development and database administration. This individual should have experience developing applications in VB/VBScript, SQL Server Data Transformation Services, T-SQL, ADO, SQL-DMO and XML. Experience with Analysis Services (building OLAP cubes and writing MDX queries) is a plus. . Sharepoint administration is a plus.
You will be responsible to:
• Administering, maintaining, developing, and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases
• Implementing data models and database designs, data access, and table maintenance codes and scripts
• Resolving database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
• Implementing and ensuring database backups for routine data recovery and disaster recovery
• Designing, implementing, and administering a data warehouse from POS transaction data of one of our divisions
• Working with analysts to develop and maintain OLAP cubes
• Working with developers and users in designing and modeling databases based on verbal and written user requirements
• Working with analysts and users in designing and writing reports based on verbal and written user requirements
• Assisting analyst and developers with SQL Queries
• Responsible for data transformation process that feeds the data warehouse on a regular basis
• Tracking of database change requests, enhancements, and bug fixes and managing the change control/versioning process and release schedule
• Managing the test databases and keeping them in sync with production databases
MCSE exams 70-228 and 70-229 are a big plus.
This is a 6 month contract assignment. All work must be done on site in Miami.