Miami based firm seeks POS Manager to maintain 24/7 operational support of remote Point of Sale systems and infrastructure for retail chain. Provide leadership, guidance, and support to POS Support Team and System Engineers including administrative and reporting functions. Ensure that proper controls and monitoring are in place to maintain uptime and application performance on POS systems.
Represent and facilitate support with an Agile Software Development & Continuous Delivery pipeline, which releases POS application updates to the production environment on a weekly basis.
• Assign and track workload for the team including Tier 3 support tickets, requests for new POS software installs and project oriented work tasks
• Administer, document, and support Field Operations functions including administration of endpoint management system (BigFix)
• Provide guidance regarding escalation procedures and support service level commitments
• Recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale
• Create, update, and maintain Point of Sale operational policies and procedures as needed
• Participate and lead support during critical outages and track/report on remediation efforts
• Participate in and lead the POS Change Control process
• 6+ years of experience in administration and support of Windows PCs (WinXP, Win7) at multiple sites
• Experience with Endpoint Management Tools (IBM Big Fix)
• Experience with monitoring tools, such as Nagios and Splunk
• Experience maintaining applications with SQL Server
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or Business Administration
Qualities You Will Possess:
• Strong customer service mindset
• Strong effective team leader and manager
• Multi-Task & Prioritize in Fast Paced Environment
• Manage timelines and ensure delivery of initiatives
• Strong Inter-Personal Skills—including communication & writing skills
• Experience with Point of Sale systems
• Ability to work closely with the Development Team instituting a DevOps mindset
• Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy and capable of working independently with little supervision
All work must be done on-site–no option for remote.
SherlockTech loves to share our $500 referral bonus.