Miami Based Fortune 500 firm is looking for a Project Manager (PMP) with a Consulting –Contracting Background (3-5 years) for a Minimum 6 month (extendable) engagement. You will be responsible for managing a number of simultaneous infrastructure projects. They are looking for a seasoned contractor that has expertise in Infrastructure and deployment.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Must be available to work 40 hours per week onsite at clients’ Doral headquarters. No option for remote.
Start date ideally within two weeks from offer/acceptance, or as soon as possible.
Initial phone interview followed by on-site interview.
The primary area of focus will be initiatives within the infrastructure and shipboard technology areas including networking and WINTEL technologies.
Blend of large and medium sized technical environments. Formal training and experience in System Development Life Cycle and Enterprise Project Management tools and Project Management processes is required. Individual must have a strong expertise in infrastructure, rather than blended experience in applications and infrastructure
Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills in order to effectively interface with business sponsors, and sr management teams. This is a "hands-on" role and you must have the ability, drive and initiative to ramp to quickly.
• Provides a single point of authority/contact for project(s) assigned
• May have responsibility for multiple projects in different phases of the development life cycle
• Defines project scope and objectives
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports
• Conducts project meetings and produces meeting minutes and issues logs
• Produces risk analysis and risk mitigation plans
• Responsible for project tracking and analysis
• Ensures adherence to Project Management Process, Systems Development Methodology and quality standards for producing project deliverables
• Provides project management, technical and analytical guidance to the project team
• Manages vendor selection, contract negotiations, the integration of vendor tasks into the work plan and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
• Ensures quality deliverables are produced as planned
• Manages people, work and resources as planned
• Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solution of complex problems
Looking for someone with experience in a process driven, enterprise company environment. Waterfall, FLCD.
Candidates are encouraged to present project examples.
Some travel may be necessary from time to time. So a valid passport would be desirable.
Out of town candidates will not be considered unless they are already in the process of relocating to Dade/Broward.
SherlockTech loves to share our $500 referral bonus.