Our Client is a company who build world-class products and lean software development teams for early-stage startups and enterprise giants.
Currently hiring Senior Android developers for a growing new team we’ve been building for an innovative $15+Bn client.
While the client is a large enterprise, since the Nomads are involved, you know this is not your typical enterprise gig, so:
-you will be working at the core of a small, brand new, Android team filled with very smart and experienced peers,
– innovating in a space ripe for disruption,
– using cutting edge tools,
– collaborating with a top notch UX team,
– in a casual, startup-like, collaborative, and sharing environment,
– other perks: internal hackathons, lunch-and-learns, and our client’s own internal developer conference (3000+ attendees this year).
Client is in Kansas City, MO. – home of Google Fiber and the Startup Village – 12 days per month onsite with some remote work (specs below), travel expenses are covered.
What we are doing: looking to build two core teams of senior Android consultants to help our customer – a global healthcare software provider – shape their new platform and products.
Long term contract: we have been building the client's iOS apps for the past year, and now they are looking for us to direct their Android initiatives.
The product is:
– an innovative Android app,
– running on custom ruggedized Android devices.
– At this stage, no NDK or Android OS customization is expected (but the skills are a plus as we look forward to defining future products).
Team environment: agile, very startup-like and casual. The products we are building are innovative and will push the boundaries of the platform.
Scope of work:
– You will contribute code to the core Android libraries and components which will be used to build several new apps.
– Since we believe that designing libraries in a vacuum sucks, you will also work on the apps which use those libraries, and you will switch between the two closely related teams.
– You also get to work with and mentor really smart senior developers who are new to the Android platform, help the team make the correct technical architecture decisions, and shape the future of the Android team.
So, in essence, this a core contributor and mentor role on a small, newly created team which is a mix of both Android veterans and smart and skilled developers new to Android.
Travel: We are onsite 12 days per month, and work remotely the rest of the time. Specifically, we can work one day per week remotely, and after two months of service, we work one full week per month remotely. Consultants who need to travel will have their travel expenses covered.
Skills and requirements:
• Deep and broad Android platform experience
• 6+ years of software development experience
• Good handle on OOP, patterns and best practices
• Advanced Android UI skills (Fragments, custom view components)
• Collaborative approach to mentoring
Desired skills (each a big plus):
• Android UI automation (programmatic and/or non-programmatic)
• Custom view components
• Memory management
• Android security model
• Performance tuning
• RESTful web services integration
• Good handle on git
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
• Experience with code review tools and processes
• Android internals
• Experience with HIPPA compliant apps
SherlockTech loves to share our $500 referral bonus.