SQL Server Database Administrator
This is a hands-on position owning the database infrastructure and management for a cloud-based financial web application. This position will assume overall responsibility for the management, administration, performance, reliability, integrity and security for existing databases along with engineering innovative and creative database solutions for new projects.
• Build and maintain a database infrastructure that provides at least 99.99% database server availability across multiple datacenters. Replication experience is a must.
• Establish active monitoring and performance metrics for gauging the health of the production environment and overall capacity planning
• Experience creating and managing SSIS packages – primarily for client report generation
• Actively participate in all phases of project development life cycle including system requirements, SQL Server logical and physical database design reviews, process flow analysis, capacity management, and availability management.
• Construct and maintain database upgrades and service improvement programs.
• Provide strategic database best practice and policies on design, availability, replication, security, audit, backup, recovery methodologies and continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities to improve.
• Document processes, procedures, standards and policies to be used by development teams.
• Responsible for deployment of database updates to QA and Production environments for software releases.
• Respond and address any database related issues that happen 24×7
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher.
• 5+ yrs experience in SQL Server database Replication a MUST
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related engineering experience in a rapid pace, high availability, high transaction workload environment
• 7+ years of extensive experience in SQL Server database architecture, availability, performance and capacity management
• SQL Server security design and implementation
• Able to write, comprehend and update SQL scripts.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects with minimal or no supervision.
• Advanced presentation, oral & written communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience working with virtual databases in the Amazon EC2 environment
• Experience performing basic administration of IIS / Windows servers
Sherlocktech Loves to share $500 referral fees!