SherlockTech is looking for a SharePoint engineer/consultant with strong Microsoft skills.
You will be responsible for establishing best practices and design patterns for corporate intranet, partner extranet, and customer facing portal solutions based on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013 or Sitecore.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can work with people at various levels and who can coordinate several projects simultaneously. The candidate must have an overall strong understanding of Microsoft server architecture with direct experience in designing SharePoint and/or Sitecore enterprise web solutions.
• 5-7 years of experience as a SharePoint and/or Sitecore Engineer with additional experience engineering and supporting web platforms and windows servers.
• Extensive experience with: SharePoint 2010 (understanding medium to large farms, configuration, administration, governance, disaster recovery), SharePoint search and/or FAST Search for SharePoint, Claims Authentication, Nintex configuration, Active Directory, Windows server administration, Powershell, Service Application configuration, load balancing, web publishing, ULS log viewer.
• Must possess a deep technical and architectural understanding of all aspects of MS SharePoint platform solutions for both 2010 and 2013.
• Expert knowledge of software development processes and best practices utilizing SharePoint and the Microsoft technology stack.
• Experience with service oriented design.
• Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
• Strong understanding and experience in implementing QA procedures (code review, estimating, acceptance criteria, etc.) as they relate to SharePoint solutions.
• Experience with server installation, deployment models, performance tuning and enterprise scalability.
• Proven ability to identify, recommend and implement third party solutions, plug-ins and custom web parts.
• Expert knowledge of software engineering concepts full life cycle projects from solution definition through development, implementation and rollout.
• Additional experience in the following is a plus: SharePoint 2013 (hands on), mobile application integration, .NET development, SQL Server administration, ControlPoint, performance optimization (including network optimization), Nintex workflows, SEO, SharePoint designer, CSS.
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead collaborative portal architecture design sessions considering business requirements and technology best practices
• Serve as second or third level support resource for existing SharePoint and Sitecore platforms.
• Open, manage, and resolve support incidents with vendors when incidents arise.
• Automate maintenance of SharePoint environments through development of command line tools and Powershell
• Advise project teams and developers of governance and policies around SharePoint and the intranet platform.
This is a minimum 6 contract assignment with a strong probably of being offered a permanent position with a leading Fortune 500 in Broward County. Considered one of the best companies to work for in S FL.