Our client, hosting company located in Miami, is looking for a Jr. Technical Support/System Administrator with experience working on Linux platform. This person will provide technical support to the customers whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service. The main functions to the role are split into three main categories:
1. Audits and Analysis
2. Maintenance and Installations
3. System Management and Security
– Maintain a professional approach to customers at all times whilst achieving time and quality measured targets.
– When instructed, carry out customers’ special request work such as installation of software, and scripting, to ensure they are completed within agreed timescales and on budget.
– Provide ‘first point of contact’ service for customer technical issues by answering incoming telephone calls and emails effectively and efficiently
– Build strong customer relations through good communications and problem solving
– Inform customers of network changes and maintenance, and production server maintenance prior to implementation
– Ensure data on the wiki is kept up to date
– Set up servers and customer accounts to a high standard, upgrading these when required.
– Actively participate in server audits
– Attend the Data Centers to ensure servers are maintained
– Knowledge of Linux
– Knowledge of cPanel and Plesk
– Knowledge of server hardware
– Knowledge of BASH shell scripting and cron jobs
– Knowledge of LAMP stack including configuring Apache and MySQL
– Knowledge of virtualization such as Xen and KVM
– Experience in the web hosting industry
– 2+ years of experienced
SherlockTech is happy to offer a $ 500 referral fee if your candidate is selected!