The overall responsibility of this role is to participate on an Agile Software Development team creating a mission critical, high performance, 100% uptime payment-processing platform originally written in Groovy.
Follow many extreme programming principals: Test Driven Development (Test First), Collective Ownership, Pair Programming, Etc…
Experience with low-level concepts like TCP/IP sockets, multicast, serialization, Linux file systems, hard links, connection pooling, encryption, and multi-threaded concurrency is desired.
• 5+ Years Groovy/Ruby/Java Development
• 1 Year of (Test Driven Development) TDD experience
• Minimum 1 Year of experience on an Agile team
• Intimate knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP, multicast, XML, Object serialization
• 2+ Years Groovy Development
• 1+ Years Linux shell scripting
• Familiarity with Java Concurrency and Native IO API’s
• Experience in NoSQL systems like Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo)
• Familiarity with PCI Security standards
• Develop software using Agile Development Methodology (SCRUM)
• Ability to design solutions to complicated distributed computing challenges
• Take ownership of features, and drive them to completion
• Practice Test Driven Development
• Ability to work on different architectural layers (Web, Business Logic, Data Access)
• Ability to take high level requirements, flush them out and review them with stakeholders; design, develop, and test solutions
• Communicate status of work to teammates
Hold teammates accountable to their commitments
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Payment Processing and Retail experience desired
All work must be done onsite at their Miami HQ.
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral bonuses.