Our Miami based client is looking for a "Hands-On" IT Technical Support Manager (Help Desk) for a team of technical professionals responsible for the planning, installation, operations, support, troubleshooting and monitoring of business applications and related infrastructure across over 100 locations & 500 users. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 3-5 years management experience who began their career In Technical Support and worked their way up. Must have a solid background in technology as it is a "Hands-On" position. This department within an international Corp is growing so you would be responsible to formulate and implement a service management strategy that includes structured processes for Incident Management, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
If you are a person who is up on the latest technology–can bring ideas & solutions to the table then we want to speak with you. This position offers a solid opportunity for growth.
A firm and proven level of proficiency, technical understanding and hands-on experience supporting Wintel applications is required (5-7 years) as well as proven history of successfully managing a technical support services organization (3-5 years). An overall degree of familiarity with technologies such as VMware, Oracle Database, SQL scripting, IIS, TCP/IP and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is necessary to fulfill the position responsibilities.
The long term focus of this position is to aim for incident reduction and improved service levels .
Identify, negotiate and monitor KPIs and SLAs with the business units. Ensure supporting processes and data exist to support the reporting on KPIs and SLAs.
position will be an experienced IT professional with the following expertise and attributes:
• ITILv3 certification(s) or proven experience in working with the ITILv3 methodology.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the planning, installation, operations, support, troubleshooting and monitoring of a mixed and complex environment consisting of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 and Wintel applications.
• Must have a proven history of successfully managing a technical support services organization (3-5 years).
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and coordinating resolution of incidents related to IT applications and infrastructure (levels 1 and 2, and coordination of level 3 (vendor supported) incidents), including user access and component configuration.
• An overall degree of familiarity with technologies such as VMware, Oracle Database, SQL scripting, IIS, TCP/IP and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is necessary to fulfill the position responsibilities.
• Ability to participate in a 7×24 rotational on-call support function (1 wk on -4 wks off–handling only Priority One issues))
• Ability to travel 15% of the time, including international travel
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is required.
All work MUST be done onsite at client's Miami HQ. Will consider relocation for right person. Position will offer–excellent base salary–bonus as well as stock (RSU) -401K–wellness center on site. Top of the line benefits
SherlockTech is happy to share a $500 referral bonus.