Our Miami based client is looking to add a Director, Business Intelligence to lead the development of Business Intelligence reporting, systems and support to provide users easy access to relevant information. This position is focused more on database marketing and business intelligence, than data warehousing technologies. the focus is strictly BI, from a business group rather than IT.
Responsible for long term strategic vision for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and tools across the Enterprise.
· Leads development of Business Intelligence and Database marketing reporting and systems to provide users easy access to relevant information. Translate user business needs of present and future into data modeling concepts and present solutions to problems.
· Provides business expertise and works closely with departmental operational staff to understand underlying business needs, key performance indicators (KPI) and availability of information and market conditions. Collaborates to understand business needs and develop practical solutions that can be implemented and used to drive revenue improvement, cost savings and efficiencies across the enterprise. Key internal clients include: Revenue Management, Marketing, Information Systems, Finance & Accounting and Guest Commerce.
· Responsible for Data stewardship and, Data Profiling and Meta data. Supports business analysis, dashboards, key metrics and business requirements via the information contained within the data warehouse.
· Manages projects, provide technical and business consultation and help develop data warehouse interfaces, mainframe drains, data quality routines, systems development methodology, return on investments and case releases.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related Business field. Advanced degree preferred.
· 7+ years of work experience within a large corporation or consulting firm practicing business intelligence, database marketing and revenue management, preferably in multiple industries.
· Must have proven business experience that demonstrates the successful application of analytical and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency with project management. This individual will need to provide methodology, metrics, and insights to measure the return on investment of strategic initiatives. Ability to create timelines to track actions, next steps, and progress that manage expectations at all levels up and down in the organization.
· Strong quantitative and database skills (proficient in MS Office- Excel, Word, Hyperion or comparable analytical tools).
· Comprehension of economic factors impacting the industry and Revenue Management principles (i.e. supply and demand).
· Proven analytical, organizational and decision-making skills to meet deadline in environment of often-changing priorities.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
· Strong communication skills at all levels including the ability to communicate results succinctly to senior management.
· Ability to work well on a team and independently with specific management experience of professional positions for at least three years.
· Proficiency in spreadsheet and database tools (Microsoft business tools, SAS, Hyperion, Essbase and Oracle ERP).
This is a permanent fulltime position and all work must be done onsite in Miami HQ–So if you have the skills and an interest to work live in Miami–we'd like to hear from you. . Great benefits-Health, Long-Short term disability -401K (with matching) gym onsite-+ more!
SherlockTech loves to Share our $500 referral bonuses.