Our client is in search of a Senior Data Warehouse developer who expands and maintains the corporate data warehouse, multi-dimensional analytical models and business intelligence reporting mechanisms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expands and maintains the corporate data warehouse, multi-dimensional analytical models, extending to include additional operational data sources.
• Collaborate with Apps R&D Team Intelligence reports, dashboards, strategy maps, and data-triggered actions/alerts.to enhance data collection within applications so additional data is available for reporting.
• Optimize integration processes and data warehouse models for data processing, reuse and scalability.
• Contribute to integration architecture, performance tuning, capacity planning, and data quality activities for the data warehouse.
• Understudy/backup for duties of other database team members.
• Resolves technical issues related to the data warehouse and BI reporting platform through research, debugging and investigation.
• Documents work performed using our Team Foundation Server (TFS) system and SharePoint for tracking defects/issues/projects and for updating source code and queries.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an Engineering-related field; a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the field or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in enterprise information/data related disciplines such as: data modeling; architecture; integration in BI environments
• Minimum one (4) years’ experience developing and maintaining multidimensional analytics data models, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), including writing MDX expressions in support of advanced calculated measures.
• Minimum six (6) years’ experience writing T-SQL queries in support of corporate software development and data warehousing efforts.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience writing reports against corporate database platforms, preferably using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Prefer at least four (4) years’ experience developing service-oriented enterprise applications and/or data integration solutions using C#.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience migrating operational database data into data warehouse schemas using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Prefer at least two (2) years’ experience creating queries/reports against policy/claims and accounting data within the Insurance Industry, preferably with Property & Casualty.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted information technology practices. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral fees.