Our client, an online retail store, is looking for a Director of e-Commerce with strong female consumer product experience. This person will report directly to the CEO, and focus on the strategy and execution necessary to drive improved conversion rates and online revenue as well as achieving online customer acquisition numbers. The person in this role will achieve results by driving strategic marketing initiatives via online advertising, website content, customer interaction, promotions and performance reporting. This position will manage online customer acquisition and retention programs including SEM, SEO, email, affiliate, and social marketing.
He/she will be responsible for managing key eCommerce initiatives to continuously improve our customer shopping experience. This seasoned eCommerce professional will use site analytics to identify opportunities, drive informed business recommendations and own the execution of A/B and multivariate site tests. This role is focused on driving a compelling eCommerce experience for our customers. It is perfect for someone who is interested in using his/her business acumen, eCommerce and site optimization expertise, and analytical skills to drive exceptional short- and long-term business results. This position will drive revenue by identifying, evaluating and prioritizing site improvements while working with Analytics, Marketing, Product Managers and IT.
– Possess clear understanding and point of view on the entire shopping experience and develop action plan to improve customer experience
– Identify and document website enhancements with an understanding for the complexities and opportunities related to a multiple storefront environment
– Investigate, recommend and implement new enhancements that can increase revenue, brand awareness and improve overall customer experience by analyzing the results of ongoing efforts.
– Monitor key eCommerce metrics, using site analytics insights as the basis for business recommendations on optimization efforts; Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, generate data-driven hypotheses for alternate approaches that could improve metrics.
– Work closely with Analytics to leverage quantitative data and usability data to optimize and enhance site activity, conversion behavior, customer retention and trends (using web analytics platforms and optimization tools)
– Drive targeted A/B and multivariate tests to optimize site conversion and other key performance metrics; Document results and insights from the tests, and propose follow up tests to further optimize the user experience on the site.
– Manage SEO, affiliate, social and content teams to coordinate efforts and align with business objectives. Direct SEM team to meet business goals.
– Establish and maintain eCommerce best practices across the site; be the eCommerce best practices expert within the company
– Monitor competitive websites to identify trends, opportunities and best practices
– Demonstrated track record developing & driving measurable results through projects to improve website & landing page conversion. Familiarity with Google Analytics, Omniture and other web analytics tools and metrics
– Direct experience with A/B test design, multivariate testing, and data-driven process optimization.
– Significant experience with online marketing strategies, including SEO/SEM, affiliate marketing, email marketing, site conversion analysis, user experience improvements
– Outstanding analytical skills, able to use data to make decisions, strong experience interpreting test results and drawing conclusions
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with focus on flawless execution.
Demonstrated success in driving complex projects within cross-functional teams
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), both in articulating his/her ideas and gathering input from key stakeholders.
– Proven project management skills and the ability to track and lead multiple simultaneous projects
– Advanced knowledge of various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Experience with P&L reviews, customer acquisition models and maximizing online revenue and ROI
– HTML and programming language knowledge an asset, but not required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications
– 3+ years in eCommerce
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral bonuses!